A dinner held as part of the celebrations of Tatler magazine’s 300th birthday brought together 10 of the current 24 dukes. Between them they own at least 12 significant country houses, including;
- Alnwick Castle (Dukes of Northumberland)
- Belvoir Castle (Dukes of Rutland)
- Arundel Castle (Dukes of Norfolk)
- Woburn Abbey (Dukes of Bedford)
- Iveraray Castle (Dukes of Argyll)
- Stratfield Saye House (Dukes of Wellington)
So if you’ve ever wondered what these defenders of our heritage look like have a look at the article.